Monday, March 2, 2009

INK BLOOM and FA 6


I would just like to echo Chris' sentiment. We are both really happy that Impact decided to stick with the Ink Bloom title.

A few other topics today. As I was sitting here writing this entry the closing theme to Cowboy Bebop came up on my iTunes, and it just added to my already good mood. I f you haven't watched the Cowboy Bebop anime TV show do yourself a favor and beg, borrow, or steal to watch it.

Now for this weeks favorite artists.

I have been playing around with some of the speed painting and brush techniques that I learned from David Levy's Gnomon video. It's impressive stuff.

From Japan, Hideaki Takamura is this weeks pick. I had the great fortune of meeting him and fellow Magic artist Ittoku when I was in Tokyo. They were really great guys, and immensly skilled.

On a final note, you will never be as cool as Spike.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment